Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Francois: An Intern in Laem Sak


Francois is one of GVI Thailand's teaching interns. He is out for 6 months and after an initial 3 month training period Francois received a teaching placement in Laem Sak, a coastal community of Ao Luk. Francois is teaching English classes at a local Muslim primary school as well as evening classes for the community at the Laem Sak Community Based Tourism (CBT) Office.



Here's what Francois has to say about his time in Laem Sak:


Hello, my name is Francois, but all my Thai friends calls me Frank. I am a French GVI teacher at Laem Sak Community Based Tourism Network. I have been teaching there for 3 months and I've been in Thailand for almost 5 months.

Living in Laem Sak is very exciting if you like to keep busy! I have worked with a fisherman to feed huge fish to sell to the Phuket restaurants. I have been teaching at Pratheeptham Islam Foundation School and also at Prakobtham Islam Foundation School in Ban Klang. I enjoy spending time teaching English to these people who really want to learn. My time here has flown by!


Share/Save/Bookmark

0 comments: