Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving at the GVI Base



To celebrate the American Thanksgiving the GVI Thailand base hosted their own 'Turkey day' minus the turkey! See below for intern, Kristy's description of the day:


"Being a born and bred Aussie, I've never experienced Thanksgiving.
This year I realized how importnat it is.

Emily, our amazing (American) base manager organized a Thanksgiving dinner
that would rival any other! Homemade pumpkin pie, mashed potatoes, roast
chicken and gravy were just a few of the uyummy dishes on the menu.

Our awesome GVI family surrounded a long table and in true spirit everyone
had their turn at giving thanks.

With everyone thinking of loved ones at home, the tears were brimming to
the surface.

I think all would agree that Hannah's special words meant a great deal to
us.

All the tasty food eaten, music, wine and games kept the party in full
swing.

I'd like to finish by saying 'Thank you!'. Thank you to my American
friends for sharing this very special day with me. My first Thanksgiving
was one I'll never forget!"


Share/Save/Bookmark

0 comments: