Sunday, November 3, 2013

Correy gets a taste of paradise


Not very many people can say that they get to wake up- early I may add- and go and work on absolutely breath-taking beaches, hike through stunning rainforests and get to swim in some of the most serene waterfalls that you can only imagine up inside your dreams, or find in some paradise magazine at your local travel agency. 
One of the beaches at Thai Mueang National Par


A lot of people also don’t get to go out and work with absolutely adorable little baby sea turtles! I mean, let me give it to you straight, these crazy little things are undoubtedly the most adorable things you could ever lay your eyes on. Especially when you’re walking amongst them and there all just whipping around like insane maniacs and all you’re doing is trying not to step on them!

One of the many tiny turtles at the turtle centre

Having never been on a plane before, let alone been outside of Ontario! Flying across the world to the fabulous place I now get to call home for the next 3 months, is an incredible and life-changing experience. There are no words to describe how excited I am to be a part of something like this, and I can only thank everyone who’s helped me get here and also the people of GVI themselves for accepting my quirkiness and weirdness into their lovely home.

Volunteers Correy and Kaela on the beach 
Correy Nuttal - Marine conservation volunteer

Share/Save/Bookmark

0 comments: