Monday, March 4, 2013

My first week teaching children


At first i was very anxious and nervous about starting the 'Teaching children' project, meeting my fellow volunteers and travelling on my own. However, I was immediately put at ease once I had arrived in Phuket and was kindly welcomed by Jax (GVI project manager). We traveled to the Baan tham nam chai foundation which is where i would be living for the next six weeks and met with the other GVI volunteers. Everyone is so friendly and we all get along very well!
The Teaching children project has been great fun and I have already learnt so much about myself and my capabilities. The children in Baan nam khem are energetic, enthusiastic  and are always up for fun, games and a lot laughter! All the GVI staff are very supportive and are happy to help whenever there is a problem. 
I have only been in Thailand for a week and have seen and experienced so many amazing things already! I am looking forward to the new adventures in my next 5 weeks here! 

Jasmyn Rama (Teaching children volunteer)

Share/Save/Bookmark

0 comments: